Articles View Hits

New Version for SP and MP

8 years 7 months ago #61 by rudy

• Thank you received: 40

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • BSOD?

Big steamy odourless dump?

Thanks for sharing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #62 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• Thank you received: 396

• BSOD?

Big steamy odourless dump?

Thanks for sharing.

Blue Screen of Death.

Okay here is the new file I made with name changes to the sound files, and the logistics changes. Tell you the truth, I'm not all that great at modifying the logistic files, but I have done my best. I also hope that this .csv edit is compatible. I tried it on my system to see if I would have any problems or not, but it worked out fine.

Just make sure you put that baby at the top of the list so it overrides all other mods.

Example pic

Download Link: www.justallinone.com/index.php/component/jdownloads/viewdownload/23/421?Itemid=493

I sure hope this helps otherwise I am lost to find an answer.
    Attachments:
    Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Michael Slaunwhite.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #63 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• Okay I just checked the logistics file to see if it would work, and it's okay. I added a small beep wave file in, and when scourge of war started it gave me the beep which tells me that the logistics file loaded properly.

I will usually do that just to make sure that the sfx.csv loaded okay before I release it.

8 years 7 months ago #64 by rudy

• No workee.

I can hear the flags fluttering, but no musketry.

I did follow your install instructions and put it at the top of the mods.

Thanks for your persistance.

8 years 7 months ago #65 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• No workee.

I can hear the flags fluttering, but no musketry.

I did follow your install instructions and put it at the top of the mods.

Thanks for your persistance.

No problem. I don't know what in the name is going on with it. You should be hearing musket fire. If all other sounds are present then musket fire should be there was well.

Hmmmm... Processing....Nope dead end. Sorry Rudy, I really wanted to see this work for you. If I think of anything else, I'll give a holler.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #66 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• Thank you received: 251

• Rudy,

I have been playing around today trying to replicate your problem. I have no idea what could possibly be happening. I have gone through the Mod front to back. There is nothing in there that would change the sounds in your game setup. I'm stumped.

Gun,

Please check the posts. Figured out all OOB problems and the new squares are excellent, (see Battle report).

Whoever is blabbing on about taking out the "Column Charge" possiblity from the Nap Mod - Shut up. There are countless instances of columns being used in the assault during the Napoleonic Wars. As I have posted at least twice, I qoute from the French Army Drill Manual of 1792, (or there abouts) -"French Battalions will advance in either column of Companies or Columns of Division, (a 2 Company front), DEPLOYING INTO LINE FOR FIRING UPON REACHING THE ENEMY. The Battalions will be preceeded by the Light Companies of each Battalion, acting as skirmishers and indicating to the Battalion Officers where the Enemy lines are, to give them time to deploy". By the end of the Napoleonic Wars, everyone except the British, were using the "French" method of attack, BECAUSE IT WORKED. The British countered the French by using thier own skirmishers to hold back the French ones and keep the Battalion Columns in the dark until it was too late to deploy and then shot the crap out of them at close range. This is where the term "Spanish Battle" comes from, the French Commanders seeing British troops behind every hillside and not really knowing where they were.

Jack B)

Sorry Mitra - just went back and realized you weren't saying what I thought you said.

Gun - Not Italians, eh? Who cares? We can use them for bloody Saxons also. MacDonalds' assault on the Austrain lines at Wagram, maybe? Sweet.

American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
    Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Jack ONeill.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Slaunwhite

8 years 7 months ago #67 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• Mister Jack Wrote:

Whoever is blabbing on about taking out the "Column Charge" possiblity from the Nap Mod - Shut up.

I had to reply to this, I found this so funny, I nearly laughed my rear end off. :lol:

8 years 7 months ago #68 by mitra76

• Banned
  • Banned

• Thank you received: 383

• Yes I think it works well, I did a copy of mod and changed the values, I saw it marched until the target and switch in the line only when the situation force it to defend himself (if you don't take command)

Visit my wargames blog: warforgame.blogspot.it/

8 years 7 months ago #69 by rudy

• "Rudy,

I have been playing around today trying to replicate your problem. I have no idea what could possibly be happening. I have gone through the Mod front to back. There is nothing in there that would change the sounds in your game setup. I'm stumped."

Dear Stumpy:

I went back to the pre-nuptual folders for the Wagram and Peninsular mods, and there is a Sounds folder in the Road to Wagram Peninsular folder.

In the Sounds folder are two sound files:

battle_muskets
    NAPmod_Charge

I copied the Sounds folder into the new Road to Wagram & Peninsular folder, and I now have musketry sounds in-game.

Vive La France!

Long Live the King!

Vive Le Quebec Libre!

Attaque!
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Slaunwhite

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #70 by mitra76

• Banned
  • Banned

• If someone wants try the modifications for force the attack column I attach the two files changed (backup the originals); the must be placed in the directory logistics of mod.

Attachments:
    Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by mitra76.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack ONeill

8 years 7 months ago #71 by gunship24

• NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

• Thank you received: 381

• Answer to a question about Sprite ratios; all the OOBs are designed for sprite ratio 4 (default) even though the average size of a batallion is about 700-800. I have split up any battalion 900 or obove into 2 seperate parts.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack ONeill

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #72 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• Gun,

Re: Sprite ratios - yeah, figured that. have already modded the one unit, (Benjowski or Splenyi, I think), back into 3 Battalions. New OOBs work well at either SR4 or SR8. :)

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
    Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Jack ONeill.

8 years 7 months ago #73 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• I just had a game, and in 5 minutes or so I was given the Major Victory screen saying we won but the battle just began.

Sandbox, Line of Site, Division vs Division.

I don't know what else to tell you.

8 years 7 months ago #74 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• Okay I just had another one, and the same thing... Here are two pics to show ending, and setup along with SOWgb.log

File Attachment:

File Name: SowGB.log
    File Size:23 KB
    Attachments:

8 years 7 months ago #75 by gunship24

• NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

• Ive been getting the game ending bug for some time, not just this version. I dont know why. I dont edit anything to do with how sandbox works so i dont know where to start finding ifs it my mod or not. Does it do it with stock game OOBs too with the mod enabled/disbled?

8 years 7 months ago #76 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• Forget my previous post, I figured it out. I had to change some of the options. After looking at the screenshot above I noticed how much I can be a bonehead so this is not a flaw of any kind except for the flaw in me brain pan.

Bloody Hell.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #77 by Grog

• Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

• Thank you received: 153

• Birthdate: 08 Apr 1969
  • Was it the objctive time limit and game length by any chance? ;)
    Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Grog.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #78 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• Was it the objctive time limit and game length by any chance? ;)

I changed the Objective Point Value to 20,000, and Time Limit of the game from 0 which should be indefinite but I changed it too 240 just to be sure.

The default values when starting the conversion for the first time was really off the mark, and I have no idea why.

It was just a simple change of the options that fixed it.

Cheers.

8 years 7 months ago #79 by mitra76

• Banned
  • Banned

• Hi Jack

It is true that the reglement of 1791 told the troops must deploy in line, but many of movements described here were never used on the battlefield because too difficult or not practical on the battlefield. The depolyment in line face to the enemy was one of these, the risk to create chaos was too high, the same for the risk to being blocked in a prolonged firefight if the enemy not wave under the first volley.

The case of english is different they move in column also but it was very rare for them fight in columns, usually the switch in line "before" enter in the fire zone (it depends also when you can see the enemy), there is also case when they attack remaining in line during all the assault march (Salamanca).

8 years 7 months ago #80 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• M,

Exactly right. The early French Commanders figured out very quickly the the conscripts and volunteers were so untrained that deploying into line for fire combat was not realistic. Two things came out of this - the "Clouds of Skirmishers" leading the columns into the attack and the formation L'Order Mixte, essentially an amalgamation of the remaining Royal infantry Battalions with 2 each volunteer battalions to form a regiment, (or, as they called them, demi-brigades). In the attack,the skirmishers would fall back thru the intervals between Battalions, the still-trained Professional troops could deploy into line for fire combat and the Volunteers were in columns on each flank for the actual assault. Worked pretty well too, until the volunteers got some training and could be counted on to do other manuvers on the battlefield.

The British Commanders realized they could get the most out of their English/KGL battalions by staying in line, formed in two ranks and just blasting the advancing foe with concentrated volleys, then a bayonet charge to drive them off. Worked damn well, too.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

8 years 7 months ago #81 by mitra76

• Banned
  • Banned

• THis is the passage from Duhesmes, sorry the english translation is not perfect:

"
    I think also that, if at the battle of Sainte-Euphémie our battalions in closed columns, and deployed, as far the ground permitted this, in chessboard form, they were preceded by swarms of skirmishers who should have already start to hit the enemy ranks and on approaching, the head of columns should start to run, the english line would not have maintained the same cool blood which permitted them to shoot so well and precise and sure they will not have start to shoot so late if our skirmishers would have to hit them before. We will note also that if our columns would not be deployed (in line) they would not have suffered so much, because the advantage of closed columns over the musket fire is that only the first line suffer and it is not extended. But it is very hard for the officiers to obtain to have to march for long time in closed columns. We can tell there is a sort of magic which let them stop and deploy (in line) under the more deadly fire, like trying to maintain the grip, exactly when it would be necessary, at place to slow the movement, to accelerated and launch the soldiers ina runnign step. I saw almost all the routs start like this: if on must deploy it should be better do this in advance, but it is difficult to let march for long time a regiment in battle line: also if few obstacles are present and the losses are fews, the wings tourn aways the centre shatter, and voilà my battalion is in rout. In these moments of actions, the bravest launch themself before the others, the rest remains back and on lost the alignment, the officers scream, others where the first to advance with part of their platoon, and we arrive with some much disorder that, if the enemy holds we cannot do anithing to him. In a close column platoon the commander manage the men better, the only danger is the artillery, but the comamnder can use better the ground covers for pass the zones more dangerous; it is possible also deploy in line if necessary , but on return in column for approach the enemy. I recommend the soldiers must familiarize with these movements and do it running. All the movements must be done running, the battalion will be close in column with rapidity.
    "

8 years 7 months ago #82 by Leatherneck24

• Thank you received: 6

• I really like the Wurtemburgers! More confederation rhine members the better! I am ready to play anytime so let me know guys. Probably around 9 pm Eastern time would be best.

Jack the skirmish mod what will the ranges be? The wurtemberg jaegers I believe they were all armed with a rifled musket and even some rifles I believe which still had better distance and accuracy. If we can either make the ranger longer or faster rate of fire then having a whole battalion in skirmish order would be worth it and would be a pretty big pain to the enemy.

By the way what is all this talk about closed column and getting rid of it? I have both Scott bowden 3rd corps campaign diaries and 1806 campaign books and they explain many of the different formation used during each battle. For instance one battalion of the 13th legere charged austerdtat in closed column while the other was in line with the rest of the division in column de division. Getting rid of formation that was used in the actual combat makes no sense. Just like in real life you have to adapt to the certain situation and overcome your enemy. I would just redeploy my arty and send solid shot into the formation and or send in the cavalry to charge the formation and force them into square while my arty batters them.

I look forward to playing and hopefully we can get a dedicated group together. I cant wait to send messengers calling for reinforcements to another player. B)

Michael

Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!

8 years 7 months ago #83 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• All,

M - Dead on! I have read this passage but couldn't remember who said it. Dude, never, ever worryh about the translations - we can figure this out. ;)

LN - My musket range Mod goes like this -

Basic muskets on all sides - 100 yards max range.
    Skirmisher muskets - Voltiguers, basic Light Infantry Cos, etc. - 120 yards.
    Baker Rifles - 150 yards.

Reasoning - Lots of information on the incredible inaccuracy of the average smoothbore musket over 50 yards, BUT it could still hit a large group of men, (mostly), at 100 yards or so. So, 100 yards max range.

Skirmishers - were generally recruited from men in the line companies who could actually shoot and actually had used muskets for game hunting and such. (This is a generalization, but y'all get my point). Therefore, they could reasonably be expected to HIT their targets. So, slightly longer range - 120 yards.

Riflemen - Tough soldiers really trained to use a rifled weapon. They could really hit a target at 300 yards. HOWEVER, the Baker Rifle took FOREVER to load, compared to a smoothbore musket. Balance - 150 yards, (Gunship gave them 140 yards), effective range vs. slower rate of fire. A good compromise, I think.

Notes - Yes, the Wurttemberg Light troops had a number of rifled weapons in their companies. Again, rifled weapons of the day took forever to load relative to a smoothbore. Also, do we know how many rifled weapons were in each company?
    Austrian Tyrolean Jagers carried Air-Rifles at one point. (Yes, Really). Thier NCOs and Officers carried rifled weapons, but that was all. The Air-Rifles were very effective, but very difficult to maintain under field conditions. So, in the Mod/Game they get Skirmisher muskets.

I think, when we get to it, the Wurttembergers could go with skirmish muskets with 120 yard range. The REAL trick is to use skirmishers effectively, which, right now, requires hands-on paying attention. Can't leave them alone. If they are not TC'd, they bug out for no reason. If they are TC'd they won't fall back fast enough and get shot to crap. However, they WILL do the job of pissing off the enemy and forcing them to deploy or move off the line to swat them away.

Finally, Columns of Assault are not going anywhere. HA!

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

8 years 6 months ago #84 by mitra76

• Banned
  • Banned

• I did a little test; I set the keep form value for the column of divisions formations at the various level and I have set as marching formation for the brigade level the level5 column of division. Now the brigade AI move when near the enemy, using the column of division at place of marching column and swtich to line for fight.

8 years 6 months ago #85 by mitra76

• Banned
  • Banned

• here a example:

8 years 6 months ago #86 by william1993

• Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

• Thank you received: 60

• Birthdate: 30 May 1993
  • This 7z file won't open on my computer. I don't know why, I have opened other 7z files before. I have a zip opener, but I don't know why it won't open this one. I have FYZip

God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.

8 years 6 months ago #87 by mitra76

• Banned
  • Banned

• try winrar

8 years 6 months ago #88 by gunship24

• NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

• could be corrupted download, try downloading again.

8 years 6 months ago #89 by Grog

• Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

• Thank you received: 153

• Birthdate: 08 Apr 1969
  • Bump

This is the version most are using for MP right now (and I expect SP too)

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #90 by Little Powell

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Thank you received: 1055

• Cavalry was changed in the 1.6 patch so they might act differently now.

Just want to note; this change only affects the cavalry's probability to retreat. Pre-1.6 patch, cavalry would fight a little, fall back, re-group, fight some more. Now they will stand and fight a lot longer and are generally more enjoyable to command. :)

It was an absolutely necessary fix for our upcoming map pack.. ;)
    Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Little Powell.

Moderators: ShirkonChamberlainFlanyboy