Articles
Articles View Hits

New Version for SP and MP

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #31 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• Thank you received: 396

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • I've played a sandbox SP for about 45 minutes.

I'm not getting any musketry sound. Cannons yes, but no muskets.

Hey Rudy.

First, go into your SOWgb, and set your game to windows mode, meaning unselect or untick the full screen. Exit out.

Start Sowgb one more time, then while you are in the game, go to where your speaker icon is (bottom right), select mixer, and max out the volume control or slider to 100 percent.

SORRY for the red scribble, but I wanted to get this posted quickly. :woohoo:

Hopefully that will do it.
    Attachments:
    Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Michael Slaunwhite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #32 by Grog

• Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

• Thank you received: 153

• Birthdate: 08 Apr 1969
  • Hey fellas

Thanks for testing the mod MP and apologies that I was unable to join you last night.

Its a great start and a Big Thanks to Gun, Jack and the NSD :)

Kriegsspiel will hopefully be doing a Nap HITS game tomorrow night.

kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t663-napoleonic-mod-now-working-in-mp

8 years 7 months ago #33 by mitra76

• Banned
  • Banned

• Thank you received: 383

• Gunship I took a look this morning the SDK manual; I'm thinking if it is not possible to associate in the GUI.csv file the command Aattackmarch as second function to button command "form in column division" for the brigades commander. If it works this will force the column the brigade commander to march to a point without stopping for form the lines. The probabilities to force a column attacks will be increased, especially if you take command of brigade commander. What do you think about this?

I saw also in the drills.csv the value canfight of divisional column is set to 0, shouldn't it be at 1 for use the column as fighting formation?

Visit my wargames blog: warforgame.blogspot.it/

8 years 7 months ago #34 by Marching Thru Georgia

• SOW General
  • SOW General
  • Secession Is Futile

• Thank you received: 433

• I saw also in the drills.csv the value canfight of divisional column is set to 0, shouldn't it be at 1 for use the column as fighting formation?

This was always a lively topic of debate in my miniature group. Were the columns used solely for maneuver. When the troops got close to the enemy did they stop and deploy into line, or did the columns push into the enemy lines?

I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.

8 years 7 months ago #35 by mitra76

• Banned
  • Banned

• Thank you received: 383

• Both the cases, but usually the stop and deploy was a not foreseen event, because it was a natural reaction of troops to reply to enemy fire also the enemy was few paces distant. There was a passage about this on the Duhesme book on light infantry. He defines it like a sort of magic, when the more rational thing to do was to force the charge from the column. If you want fight in line usually you deploy in line much more in advance and not near the enemy line, so all the switch from a close column to a line near the defender line just before a attack usually are not commanded actions.

Visit my wargames blog: warforgame.blogspot.it/

8 years 7 months ago #36 by rudy

• Thank you received: 40

• The absence of musketry sounds is not a overall volume issue.

As I said in my first post, I am getting the cannon sounds, as loud as I want, and all the other sounds, but no musketry sounds.

I unclicked the NAP mods and went into a quick sandbox for the regular game, and there are musketry sounds.

It's something about this mod, not my volume settings.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Slaunwhite

8 years 7 months ago #37 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• The absence of musketry sounds is not a overall volume issue.

As I said in my first post, I am getting the cannon sounds, as loud as I want, and all the other sounds, but no musketry sounds.

I unclicked the NAP mods and went into a quick sandbox for the regular game, and there are musketry sounds.

It's something about this mod, not my volume settings.

You can grab Little Powell's Musket fire mod if that will help you any.

Link: www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=60&func=view&catid=44&id=20700

Hope this helps, if not I'll do up a small volume mod for those who are experiencing this problem.

:)

8 years 7 months ago #38 by rudy

• I've been using that gunfire mod. And thought that might be the problem.

But I unclicked it and started the NAP again in sandbox, and still the no musketry issue.

8 years 7 months ago #39 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• I've been using that gunfire mod. And thought that might be the problem.

But I unclicked it and started the NAP again in sandbox, and still the no musketry issue.

Okay I'll see what I can do with making that volume mod. I'll be back in a little bit.

8 years 7 months ago #40 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• I haven't done this in a very long while. Let me if this thing works or not.

www.justallinone.com/index.php/component/jdownloads/viewdownload/23/420?Itemid=493

8 years 7 months ago #41 by rudy

• Thanks for the effort, but no change.

It's not that there is a low volume sound for the musketry.

There are the other games sounds, like marching, cannons firing, etc.

But no musketry sound.

As in Zero. Nada. Totally Absent.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #42 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• Thanks for the effort, but no change.

It's not that there is a low volume sound for the musketry.

There are the other games sounds, like marching, cannons firing, etc.

But no musketry sound.

As in Zero. Nada. Totally Absent.

I have no idea why that would be happening at all.

The only thing I can think of is try disabling all addons, and mods, and work your up from scratch. Then activate (addons one at a time if you have any installed), and so on until the problem occurs.

Now if you only have SOWgb, and no official addons then deactivate all mods, and start from there, I really don't know what else to tell you.

have you tried just listening to the sound files in the directory to see if they are corrupt in any way?

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #43 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• Thank you received: 251

• .....And on an entirely different note...Jack O'Neill is an idiot. My OOBs will work perfectly fine with the new Beta Mod. I had made a custom change to the rifles.csv much, much earlier in the Mod history and completely forgot about it. Reseting it fixed what I thought was the problem.

Jack B)

American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
    Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Jack ONeill.

8 years 7 months ago #44 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• All,

Gentlemen, I've just fought a excellent battle, which shows just how far we have come in putting together a solid representation of Napoleonic Combat.

Gunships Abensburg OOB. I took command of Vandammes Wurrtembergers. Hunt them Down. Big Gettysburg Map. Major Obj was Cemetery Hill, more or less. Arrived there just as the Austrians debouched from "Gattensburg" and were moving up the road past my left flank. Deployed my first Brigade in line and commenced firing. (Note: Vandammes lads have no artillery - Bad JuJu there.) The Austrian Foot was Supported by 8 squadrons of Uhlans. Really cool to see them in action. Had several Battalions form square, preparing to receive Cavalry. Here's where it gets cool. The Uhlans charged the squares. Each time the Uhlans were driven off with minor losses to the infantry. HOWEVER, in classic Napoleonic fashion, the threat of Cavalry kept my Foot in square, whereupon the Austrain Foot closed, opened fire and decimated the squares. On the other end of the line, my Fusilier Battalion was caught out of square by more Uhlans, cut-up badly and routed with fierce casualties. The squares under infantry fire finally broke, pursued by the Uhlans. Gudins French Division arrived right about this time and allowed me to withdraw my broken infantry, covered, (finally), by the Wurrtemberg Light Horse.

So, the lessons are -
    Foot in square can stand up to charging Horsemen.
    Foot out of square can't/won't.
    Foot in square will have the crap shot out of them by opposing Infantry.
    Squares need supporting Cavalry to avoid staying in square.
    Everybody needs artillery.

Gunship, a magnificient job with all this. (AND I'll use the Wurttemberg Light Infantry in Green to replace the Nassau units in the Waterloo OOB, currently wearing French blue. Oh, and the Militia, too.)

Jack B)

...And, of course, I forgot to take any screenshots. Was a bit busy trying to unscrew a bad situation. LOL!

"Molon Labe"
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Slaunwhite, gunship24

8 years 7 months ago #45 by kg_sspoom

• Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

• Thank you received: 113

• Im crashing Immediately upon choosing oob ....

8 years 7 months ago #46 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• Sspoom,

What does the log file say?

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

8 years 7 months ago #47 by rudy

• As I said in my first post, I am getting the cannon sounds, as loud as I want, and all the other sounds, but no musketry sounds.

It's something about this mod, not my volume settings

8 years 7 months ago #48 by gunship24

• NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

• Thank you received: 381

• Hi All,

Thank you for all the feedback. I hope the mod is working well for both SP and MP. Its one of the things about making a large mod is that you kinda need other people to test it properly so i hope its working and any bugs please post them B) .

answers to a few questions:

Gun,
    Question - are there any changes that would keep all the OOB's Zeke and I have written from working?

Oh Yeah -Forgot - Freakin' Italians! Sweet! Thanks. Can't wait to incorporate them into my Armies of Italy OOB.

Ok im not sure about this. Certainly it was not my intension to break the mods and if i have then I will need to update my mod to correct that.

Unfortunelty still no Italians, what you see there are Westphalians from the Gattensberg scenarions (Westphalia was on of Napoleon's German Allies after 'liberating' them earlier on in the war).

Gun - Question - did you incorporate the new square cambat modifiers we developed to make the less easy for cavalry to break? Haven't had time to fight and form square yet.

Gun - Uhlans!!! I f-ing hate you. They're excellent, EXCEPT, no toolbar for them. I am running just the new Beta Mod and .CSV packages you posted, so must be something in there. Also, Great Freiwilliger JagerKorps. Can't wait to include them in my OOBs.

I did add the new combat modifiers for square and column of divisions, i teaked them abit to balance them but they probabaly need fine tuning still. There is scope to change them for line and skirmish formation but without a 'casulty rate' mofifier it didnt make sense to change them.

Interesting about the uhlan toolbar, ill have to check that.

All,
    OOB information - My OOBs will NOT work with the New Beta Mod. There is a super-minor change in the rifles.csv which makes them different from the originals...

Sorry to hear that, what is the change? i can probably update the mod to get your OOBs working again.

I've played a sandbox SP for about 45 minutes.
    I'm not getting any musketry sound. Cannons yes, but no muskets.

That odd you should have musket sounds. Have you got any other versions running on the mod list? There were new muskets sounds added to the Peninsular mod ony which i didnt transfer over to this version but you should still have the stock musket sounds.

Gunship I took a look this morning the SDK manual; I'm thinking if it is not possible to associate in the GUI.csv file the command Aattackmarch as second function to button command "form in column division" for the brigades commander. If it works this will force the column the brigade commander to march to a point without stopping for form the lines. The probabilities to force a column attacks will be increased, especially if you take command of brigade commander. What do you think about this?

I saw also in the drills.csv the value canfight of divisional column is set to 0, shouldn't it be at 1 for use the column as fighting formation?

Hi mitra, yes that would be possible. See if you can get it working and then let me know how it goes, ill try to have a look at it in the mean time.

The "canfight" variable allows the formation to fire muskets if set to a 1. If it is 0 then it will automatically form to its fighting formation which is normally line. In MP this may be better set to a 1 to get them to stay in attack column. something to change maybe.

8 years 7 months ago #49 by kg_sspoom

• Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

• Game Launched
    19:27:55 Version:SOWGB
    19:27:57 Loading Defined Lists
    19:27:57 Initializing
    19:27:57 Mod: C:\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR - GETTYSBURG\Mods\Road to Wagram & Peninsular
    19:27:57 Ansi:16, TexH:8192, TexW:8192
    19:27:57 SowGB Loaded
    19:27:57 19:27:57

8 years 7 months ago #50 by rudy

• WHY?

WHY ME?

WHY?

8 years 7 months ago #51 by kg_sspoom

• Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

• Never mind I figuired it out.
    I had the csv mod in the wagram folder not as a mod of its own....
    :blush:

8 years 7 months ago #52 by gunship24

• NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

• All,

Found the issue with the Aus. Uhlans having no toolbar - at one point in the line where it should say "AUSFriendly", it says "AUSiendly". Easy fix. Will work after that change.

Jack B)

Thanks for spotting that. This bug only affects the unit when you arent in command of it. Its now fixed.

8 years 7 months ago #53 by gunship24

• NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

• Never mind I figuired it out.
    I had the csv mod in the wagram folder not as a mod of its own....
    :blush:

glad you have it fixed B) .

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #54 by gunship24

• NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

• WHY?

WHY ME?

WHY?

Sorry your having problems. I dont edit the sound effect file sfx.csv in this version of the mod. So if you arent running any other mods then im a little stumped.
    Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by gunship24.

8 years 7 months ago #55 by Trapper

• Thank you received: 1

• Thank you gunship24 for this great mod, I am enjoying it a great deal. I bought this game recently for the Napoleonic mods you made. I'm very glad I did. :)

8 years 7 months ago #56 by rudy

• Turned off all the mods except the NAP ones.

No musketry sound

Changed the map and then the OOB.

No musketry sound.

Turned off all the enhancement settings for my sound card.

No musketry sound.

But the musketry sounds are fine for the base game when i turn off the NAP mods.

Oh well.

Back to the civil war.

Thanks anyway. Glad it works for most people.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #57 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• @Rudy: Just for the sake of trying this, I have my mod priority set this way to play Wagram.

Road to Wagram & Peninsular CSVs
    Road to Wagram & Peninsular

I know it sounds simple, but in the past with games sometimes all it takes is the proper priority setup.

For myself any additions to a base mod should be above it, not below it. Norb has set it up differently than other mod managers which cater to the one below as high priority.

8 years 7 months ago #58 by rudy

• I did as you suggested.

i can hear men marching, cannons firing and horses farting.

But no musketry.

Thanks anyway

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #59 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• I did as you suggested.

i can hear men marching, cannons firing and horses farting.

But no musketry.

Thanks anyway

I just don't get this at all. This is very weird.

Are you getting ambiance as well or is that not working either?

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #60 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• @Rudy: I'm going to make a new sound mod for you where I'll rename the sound files you need which will be assigned in the proper logistics csv file. Give me about 1 hour, I just had a BSOD, and I'm almost finished tracking down that issue.

I really hate not knowing what the heck is going on otherwise I'll go insane (already there, but I don't want to fall any further down that rabbit hole).

I'll be back with something for you.

Moderators: ShirkonChamberlainFlanyboy