• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• Thank you received: 251

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • File Attachment:

File Name: OOB_SB_NAP...en_H.csv
    File Size:101 KB

All,

Are you ready for a really decent sized Battle? Say, 50,000 men on a side? Yes, I know the Echmuhl OOB is close but here's another.

I used the Teugen-Hausen OOB as a start. Here is what is new -

For the French - Oudinots 2nd. Corps -

2 Infantry Divisions 32 Battalions
    1 Cavalry Division - 9 squadrons
    Reserve Artillery - 2 8 pdr batteries

For the Austrians -Bellegardes 1st. Korps -

2 Infantry Divisions - 24 Battalions, 22 guns
    1 Advanced Guard (Mixed troops) Division - 6 Battalions, 16 Squadrons, 14 guns

Notes - I left out the Austrian 1st. Korps Reserve Guns as the Austrians have a ton of them anyway.

I included 1 Division of Bavarians, (Deroi's), because they look cool AND they played a very integral part in the French Army at the point in time.

I also have edited Davout's 3rd. Corps Divisions - St. Hilaire's and Friant's were a little too unweildy for me and Gudin needed a real Division, not just a small Brigade.

Anyway, great fun using line of site - if you use the big Gettysburg map they will all line up side by side, each side that is. If you use the smaller maps, you will get 2 corps in line and one whole one in reserve.

Oudinot's and Bellgarde's numbers are fairly accurate - used both "Crisis on the Danube" and "Armies on the Danube 1809" for references. For Oudinot's Corps I weaseled a bit and divided the number of infantry by the number of Battalions to get an average size.

Enjoy!

Jack B)

American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
    Attachments:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: kg_sspoom, Michael Slaunwhite, Marching Thru Georgia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 days ago #2 by Nowy

• Thank you received: 1

• No thanks, this oob looks too fantasy.

These French and Austrian forces did not took part in Battle of Teugen-Hausen 19th April 1809.
    Oudinot French Corps was more than 100 km from Teugen-Hausen, Bellegarde I Corps also was faraway.
    Austrians I Corps still was on left bank of Danube river. Bavarians under Lefebvre were not present in this ballte too.

Check these please:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Teugen-Hausen
    www.dean.usma.edu/departments/history/Atlases/Napoleon/NapoleonGIF/Nap40.gif
    www.dean.usma.edu/departments/history/Atlases/Napoleon/NapoleonGIF/Nap41.gif

10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #3 by Marching Thru Georgia

• SOW General
  • SOW General
  • Secession Is Futile

• Thank you received: 433

• Well done Jack! I'll give this a try today. Although I'll need to remove a few troops. Although I have a fairly hefty computer, the max number of troops I can use is 85-90,000. Above that, large battles grid to a halt. However, we can always up the ratio to 5 or 6 to 1. I think I'll give that a try first. Thanks again for your hard work.

Notes - I left out the Austrian 1st. Korps Reserve Guns as the Austrians have a ton of them anyway.

When Gunship gets around to making some Russians, then we'll have guns! I do so love those mega-batteries of 20 pounders.

Nowy wrote:

No thanks, this oob looks too fantasy. These French and Austrian forces did not took part in Battle of Teugen-Hausen 19th April 1809.

An interesting criticism given that we are playing this on a Pennsylvania battlefield. Do you ever have anything positive to contribute? Or are you just an inveterate troll?

I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
    Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by Marching Thru Georgia.

10 years 4 days ago #4 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• Thank you received: 396

• Nice work there Jack (as always). I'm with MTG, large battles seem to bring my old boy here to a halt.

I'm enjoying the OOB, many thanks!

10 years 4 days ago #5 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• All,

Thank you Gentlemen. I shall tweek this a bit in the near future, to clean up some of the numbers. And, as usual, Nowy misses the point completely - N, this is a game OOB. At no point did I say this was who was where or when at Teugan-Hausen. Note, that I said "I used Teugan-Hausen as a start..."

Guys,

Yes, I thought of changing the sprite ratio also. I deliberately stopped at this number of troops as it was making even my rig slow down. I am currently working on a game OOB based on the Echmuhl OOB. Nowy, look - I said it was BASED on the Echmuhl OOB, not a complete listing of who was there.

Enjoy!

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

10 years 4 days ago #6 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• Guys,

Also, the new corps make for some different Corps vs. Korps Battles.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

10 years 4 days ago #7 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• All,

Thanks for the idea!!! If someone can generate some French infantry in White uniforms, I can knock out the OOBs for the French Army on Italy and the Austrian one too. The Italian troops wore white and the French wore the normal blue. The Austrians we have. Otherwise they were identical. Decent troops too. We might need some French dragoons though. Hmmm...

Army szes would be around 30-35,000 each. That would work. Think about it.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

10 years 4 days ago #8 by Nowy

• Nowy wrote:

No thanks, this oob looks too fantasy. These French and Austrian forces did not took part in Battle of Teugen-Hausen 19th April 1809.

An interesting criticism given that we are playing this on a Pennsylvania battlefield. Do you ever have anything positive to contribute? Or are you just an inveterate troll?

You were not friendly when you asked such rave questions. If you can read my posts on this forum you can find something positive. I always appreciate historical accuracy and would like to see good things in this fine mod which is called Napoleonic Wars.

I dislike something what is not good or what looks too fantasy.
    Therefore I openly put may remarks in this matter.

Gunship did fine work and his mod was interesting. It even looks that he included few things in compliance with few my remarks e.g. he add famous hussars, three ranks in line formation and few other small details.

Maybe these also were my positive contribution.

PS

Hope that next time somebody will not include green Martians in oob which will base on Battle of Eggmuhl.

10 years 3 days ago #9 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• N,

These OOBs are historically accurate, to the unit. The fact they did not participate in the battle named in irrelevant. Oudinot's Corps only flaw is I based the Battalion strength on an average, not a rank-and-file roster.

Bellrgarde's Korps WAS in the Austrian Army. Aside from Cavalry swap-outs, the units are accurate. Again, Battalion numbers are based on averages.

As far as your wildly inaccurate presentation of the Hussars and rank formations, if you read back a bit in the posts you would see Gunship and I discussed the rank situation way before you were involved. As for the Hussars, they were added because they tested well in the Mod development. They were added because they didn't significantly degrade the running of the game. Had they been a problem, they would not exist - period.

If you are not interested, butt out. As you can tell here, zero people are interested in your commnents, regardless of their accuracy, or lack thereof. As MTG so eloquently put it, "we are playing this on a Pennsylvania Battlefield." Think about it.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

10 years 3 days ago #10 by gunship24

• NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

• Thank you received: 381

• Good job Jack.

For those interested in sprites I am planning an addon sprite pack of more Bavarians, Wurttembergers and officer sprites for the French and Austria to add to the Eckumuhl OOB. There shall also be a new OOB and a new army Italy for the Battle of Raab. As well as more goodies for the next version.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack ONeill

10 years 3 days ago #11 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• You Rascal!

Gonna beat me to it, eh? I'll have to come up with another one then, LOL! :laugh:

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

10 years 3 days ago #12 by Lord Ashram

• Alright alright... now get us some Russians and some Brits!:D

BTW, are any of the TC napoleonic graphics the ones being used now?

10 years 3 days ago #13 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• Ash,

As of right now, I believe the answer is no.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

10 years 3 days ago #14 by Leatherneck24

• Thank you received: 6

• Since I am a big fan of cavalry and Marshal Lannes is there any way to create OOBs with large amount of cavalry, horse arty, and small numbers of infantry. Basically vanguard and rearguard actions. Lannes being one of the best vanguard commanders out it would be fun to command such forces as his command at the beginning of Friedland which was mainly cavalry with some infantry.

Also since there are so many create cavalry actions is there a way to create a cavalry division vs cavalry division?

Thanks
    LN

Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!

10 years 2 days ago #15 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• L24,

Yes, it can be done. Post what you are looking for, (units, sizes, etc.), and it can probably be arranged.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

10 years 2 days ago #16 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• L24,

For right now, Check out the custom OOB I posted the other day. You can practice your Cavalry handling with either Vukassovich's or Fresnel's Advance Guard Divisions. Fresnel's especially, as it has 6 Battalions, 16 Squadrons and 2 batteries, one of which is a Cav Battery. Enjoy.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

10 years 2 days ago #17 by Leatherneck24

• By the way I understand where Nowy is coming from Jack. This is my favorite battle of the whole campaign. I also understand why you did not put the whole divisions for that battle since there were some larger divisions in the 3rd Corps.

However, near the end of the battle of Eckmuhl there were some great cavalry charges of heavy cavalry. Also during the battle the bavarian cavalry charged and counter charged many times the austrian heavy guns which were supported by Austrian cavalry. Also the small battles that the Bavarian divisions fought in the first days of the campaign are a lot of fun small actions. The early 1809 campaign is such a blast and the Bavarians are my favorite army. I will post an OOB of the heavy cavalry battle near the end of Eckmuhl. Probably can just use dragoons as the heavy cavalry for now.

Cheers
    LN

10 years 2 days ago #18 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• Mmmmmm...Heavy Cavalry Charges...mmmmmm.....(Note - we don't have any Dragoons...yet. However, the Austrian Chevauxleger Light Horse can be Austrian Dragoons if they have White uniforms.)

L24,

I beg to differ - Nowy is hung up on his minutia knowledge of the Period. He has no knowledge of game design and supposes we can just add everything in willy-nilly and Voila - perfect game. Not gonna happen.
    Also, I only changed the French Division sizes to make them more flexible. I've used St. Hilaire's full 5 Brigade Division in action. Tough to stand against. Lot of work though. Tough to get them all moving. I will be doing a Modded OOB based on the stock Teugan-Hausen or Maybe Eckmuhl OOBs with additions. Lots or our boys' computers slow down with too many lads on the field (Mine included) :)

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"

10 years 2 days ago #19 by Jack ONeill

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

• All,

I designed the OOB posted here exactly for the situation if some lads needed to be removed, you can drop a whole Division on each side and still have LOTS to deal with. Modular and self-contained. Later, I will write a short description of Oudinot's Corps to give some Historical background. It was sort-of a cob-job unit but quite cool when you think about it.

Jack B)

P.S. - So, JC, lead any Cavalry charges yet? :laugh:

"Molon Labe"

10 years 2 days ago #20 by Nowy

• N,

These OOBs are historically accurate, to the unit. The fact they did not participate in the battle named in irrelevant. Oudinot's Corps only flaw is I based the Battalion strength on an average, not a rank-and-file roster.

Historically accurate OOB, you only did some changes or small improvements here and it can be used on Pennsylvania battlefield. It looks quite funny. A specially when there was mentioned Teugen-Hausen OOB as a start and we can see there adapted Oudinot French II Corps opposite to Bellegarde Austrian I Corps which both were hundred miles faraway.

But really there was not a problem, OOBs are or are not historically accurate.

Mind you I wrote

No thanks, this oob looks too fantasy.

You clearly missed the point.

You do not understand that not everybody must be happy with such fantasy OOB, a specially for playing early stage of Danube campaign 1809.

I appreciate historical accuracy, but it is not so important in the game. Nevertheless some basic facts could be taken into account.

I accept that you sometime disagree with me, but it looks that you can not accept that somebody can disagree with you. That’s all.

10 years 2 days ago #21 by Leatherneck24

• Jack aren't the Bavarian light horse represented by French dragoons in the Eckmuhl OOB? If so they can just play as the heavy cavalry for now. The good thing about the Bavarian cavalry is all you have do is give the dragoons white uniforms with red facings and give the light horse green uniforms with red facing. :P

Very excited now lets get some multiplayer somehow and boom you got a major hit that could take over as the major Nappy game even more than that click fest NTW. Ok ok I do enjoy the eye candy in that game :whistle:

LN

10 years 2 days ago - 10 years 2 days ago #22 by Marching Thru Georgia

• SOW General
  • SOW General
  • Secession Is Futile

• Thank you received: 433

• Jack O'Neill wrote:

I will be doing a Modded OOB based on the stock Teugan-Hausen or Maybe Eckmuhl OOBs with additions. Lots or our boys' computers slow down with too many lads on the field (Mine included)

Here is a mod which will change the default 4:1 ratio to 5:1. It's a hack of LittlePowell's Sandbox_SR10 mod. That should be enough of a change to use your entire OOB. At least it was for my computer. If not, just change these two lines in BOTH the scen_Army files to a larger number.
    Inf=5
    Cav=5

File Attachment:

File Name: Sandbox_SR5.zip
    File Size:1 KB

By the way, I regret to inform you that the Frenchies had their way with those ice cream men last night. The big duke sent his men in piecemeal, one division at a time. My boys didn't even need to put down their soft cheese and wine to deal with that. Sorry. :(

I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
    Attachments:
    Last edit: 10 years 2 days ago by Marching Thru Georgia.

10 years 2 days ago - 10 years 1 day ago #23 by Michael Slaunwhite

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member

• Thank you received: 396

• MTG thanks for the hint. I forgot all about that, and it has helped out quite a bit. I have changed mine too 12:1 ratio, and it does speed things up quite a bit. I just unarchived your edit into my conversion folder.
    Last edit: 10 years 1 day ago by Michael Slaunwhite.

Moderators: ShirkonChamberlainFlanyboy