Statistics

Users
2888
Articles
156
Articles View Hits
1720053

Road to Wargram and Peninsular Mod - Updated 1.6

10 years 6 months ago #181 by gunship24

  • NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

  • Posts: 693
  • Thank you received: 381

  • Gender: Male
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Have updated the first post with new download details for the new version.


    Attachments:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Meyer

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #182 by Michigander

  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member

  • Posts: 34
  • Thank you received: 9

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Any redcoats on the horizon?

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #183 by gunship24

  • NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

  • Posts: 693
  • Thank you received: 381

  • Gender: Male
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Michigander wrote: Any redcoats on the horizon?


    Yep! Peninusla addon i was going to make next. Once ive got the fine tuning of the mod done then there will be more nations, like addons.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack ONeill, Meyer

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #184 by Mario

  • New Member
  • New Member

  • Posts: 4
  • Thank you received:

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • hi. an answer.
    where are the cuirassers and the old guard in the new update battles?

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #185 by Jack ONeill

  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

  • Posts: 1888
  • Thank you received: 251

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Mario,

    They are not there. You, (or me), need to add them in. I have added Cuirassiers from both sides and Hungarian Infantry to the revised Aspern-Essling OOB posted in the "More Modded OOBs..." thread here in the Napoleonic Section. I have not gotten around to the Old Guard yet. They will probably be unbeatable except by massed artillery at poiny-blank range. The Young (and Middle) Guard is tough enough. They wadwd thru my Austrian Foot two days ago like they weren't even there. Bloody mess.

    Jack

    American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

    "Molon Labe"

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #186 by Petrus58

  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member

  • Posts: 61
  • Thank you received: 14

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for this mod. It's really amazing what you have achieved so far. Not only is it great fun to play it also 'feels' Napoleonic. Just out of interest, will it be possible to add some more Napoleonic sounds such as drums or even music?

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #187 by gunship24

  • NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

  • Posts: 693
  • Thank you received: 381

  • Gender: Male
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Mario wrote: hi. an answer.
    where are the cuirassers and the old guard in the new update battles?


    Hi, i added some units so i could create OObs later instead of having to add the units in a patch. I am creating OObs as i speak. Im concentrating on balanced OOBs, theres no point stick 1000 cuirassiers in cause they will literally sweep the field. Im picking apart the Wagram OOB and making up some nice Div vs Div and Corps vs Corps fights.

    Petrus58, thanks for the generous feedback. I make the mod more napoleonic with every version. Sounds I havent started with yet but is a good idea.

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #188 by Michael Slaunwhite

  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

  • Posts: 4358
  • Thank you received: 396

  • Gender: Male
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • gunship: Will you be using Rebbugler's Toolbar for your next release?

    I really enjoy his work in that area since it has more options to choose from such as choosing a point to fall back too before issuing the order, and a few other things that I just enjoy.

    Thanks. :)

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #189 by redcoat

  • Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

  • Posts: 322
  • Thank you received: 57

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • gunship24 wrote:

    Mario wrote: hi. an answer.
    where are the cuirassers and the old guard in the new update battles?


    Hi, i added some units so i could create OObs later instead of having to add the units in a patch. I am creating OObs as i speak. Im concentrating on balanced OOBs, theres no point stick 1000 cuirassiers in cause they will literally sweep the field. Im picking apart the Wagram OOB and making up some nice Div vs Div and Corps vs Corps fights.

    Petrus58, thanks for the generous feedback. I make the mod more napoleonic with every version. Sounds I havent started with yet but is a good idea.

    gs,when you do want to start up on the sounds let me know.i got plenty french,prussian,russian,austrohungarian,russian and british period stuff in mp3 format.be glad to lend a hand where i can. cheers
    The following user(s) said Thank You: gunship24

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #190 by He111

  • New Member
  • New Member

  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received:

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hey ,

    great work at the new version. Im downloading reight now - cant wait for it =)


    Greetings

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #191 by Jack ONeill

  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

  • Posts: 1888
  • Thank you received: 251

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • HE,

    Did you pick up your Custom OOB?

    Jack B)

    American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

    "Molon Labe"

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #192 by gunship24

  • NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

  • Posts: 693
  • Thank you received: 381

  • Gender: Male
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Michael Slaunwhite wrote: gunship: Will you be using Rebbugler's Toolbar for your next release?

    I really enjoy his work in that area since it has more options to choose from such as choosing a point to fall back too before issuing the order, and a few other things that I just enjoy.

    Thanks. :)


    I will pick up the toolbar again later on, Rebbugler has some nifty options on his so it s very cool yes. I started making one but it was taking up too much time, i would like to come back to it at some point.

    Redcoat thanks, some sounds would be awesome. Send me a pm sometime of what you have or what you think would be suitable B) .

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #193 by He111

  • New Member
  • New Member

  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received:

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hey Jack, im just going to test it out now, I will give my thoughts of it after that.
    Thank you for making this OOb ;)

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #194 by He111

  • New Member
  • New Member

  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received:

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Hey guys,

    so - i just played my first match with the Updated Version with the OOB which Jack created for me (low cav, medium arty and heavy on infantry) I chooesed to play the French on a Defend Sandbox Scenario, Alpine Map.

    I deployed my Army Central on a medium Sized Hill, two Artillery Groups and a Divions of Infantry formed the left, while some stronge Grenadiers and Hussars formed the right wing, which was mostly a open field. My Center was formed by a group of 8 pounders and mostly Chasseurs and reserve Infantry.

    After around 5 Minutes, my scout Hussars found the first enemy brigades, which consisted of around 6000 austrian Infantry, with some Grenadiers. My battleline was almost perfect angled for this avandgarde, and i expected a classic Line Battle....

    Bu suddenly a force of ca. 24.000 men marched down a street on my far left flank, they relied on grenadiers for the first line and crtitical crushed my left wing Infantry division in about 6-7 minitus, additionally i lost both artillery groups, where more then 50% of my guns ! I quickly throw in my reserves to hold my left Flank and to hold my defend point.
    After i shuffeld my whole Armygroup the austrian grenadier force of 6.000 men attacked my former Center and managed to force me to use my Grenadiers from the right to ensure my center wouldnt fall apart.

    I saved on this Point and will play on tomorrow, so far i lost almost 40-50& of my entire force, which is about 14.000 men.

    I really, really enjoy the new version so far, it really improved on alot aspects, i love to see the upcoming features for this mod, especially the russians and british !




    Cheers

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #195 by He111

  • New Member
  • New Member

  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received:

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • I just finished my OOB by Jack,
    finally the austrian army broke my former Center and crushed my whole line, even some heroic counter charges of my Hussars and Chasseurs รข Cheval could not change the odds.
    The final Result is that my army dropped form 35.000 men to 3800 and the victorius austrian army from 35.000 to 12.000.

    You just got to love the new version ;)


    Cheers

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #196 by PANGI

  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member

  • Posts: 43
  • Thank you received: 7

  • Gender: Male
  • Birthdate: 06 May 1987
  • He111 wrote: Hey guys,

    so - i just played my first match with the Updated Version with the OOB which Jack created for me (low cav, medium arty and heavy on infantry) I chooesed to play the French on a Defend Sandbox Scenario, Alpine Map.

    I deployed my Army Central on a medium Sized Hill, two Artillery Groups and a Divions of Infantry formed the left, while some stronge Grenadiers and Hussars formed the right wing, which was mostly a open field. My Center was formed by a group of 8 pounders and mostly Chasseurs and reserve Infantry.

    After around 5 Minutes, my scout Hussars found the first enemy brigades, which consisted of around 6000 austrian Infantry, with some Grenadiers. My battleline was almost perfect angled for this avandgarde, and i expected a classic Line Battle....

    Bu suddenly a force of ca. 24.000 men marched down a street on my far left flank, they relied on grenadiers for the first line and crtitical crushed my left wing Infantry division in about 6-7 minitus, additionally i lost both artillery groups, where more then 50% of my guns ! I quickly throw in my reserves to hold my left Flank and to hold my defend point.
    After i shuffeld my whole Armygroup the austrian grenadier force of 6.000 men attacked my former Center and managed to force me to use my Grenadiers from the right to ensure my center wouldnt fall apart.

    I saved on this Point and will play on tomorrow, so far i lost almost 40-50& of my entire force, which is about 14.000 men.

    I really, really enjoy the new version so far, it really improved on alot aspects, i love to see the upcoming features for this mod, especially the russians and british !




    Cheers


    next time aar with spectacular pictures please :)

    HUSSAAAAAR!!!
    Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by PANGI.

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #197 by redcoat

  • Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

  • Posts: 322
  • Thank you received: 57

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • gunship24 wrote:

    Michael Slaunwhite wrote: gunship: Will you be using Rebbugler's Toolbar for your next release?

    I really enjoy his work in that area since it has more options to choose from such as choosing a point to fall back too before issuing the order, and a few other things that I just enjoy.

    Thanks. :)


    I will pick up the toolbar again later on, Rebbugler has some nifty options on his so it s very cool yes. I started making one but it was taking up too much time, i would like to come back to it at some point.

    Redcoat thanks, some sounds would be awesome. Send me a pm sometime of what you have or what you think would be suitable B) .

    no probs gs,i'll get a list together of the french and austrohungarian stuff i have and pm you at some stage this weekend.cheers

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 6 months ago #198 by Jack ONeill

  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

  • Posts: 1888
  • Thank you received: 251

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • HE,

    Glad you enjoyed it and you are most certainly welcome.

    Jack B)

    American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

    "Molon Labe"

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 3 months ago #199 by Gunfreak

  • Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

  • Posts: 415
  • Thank you received: 57

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • I don't get any of the oobs ect. I've played the mod in the modfolder, and actived the mod but noting is changed.

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 3 months ago #200 by Gunfreak

  • Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

  • Posts: 415
  • Thank you received: 57

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Sorry just me beeing stupid, got it to work

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 2 months ago #201 by mitra76

  • Banned
  • Banned

  • Posts: 928
  • Thank you received: 383

  • Gender: Male
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • If I have understood well, it is not possible use it in lobby MP because the anticheat system feels the change of sensible files. But it is the same if players uses LAN bypassing the lobby? If I play the mod with tunngle with a friend the game doesn't work anyway?

    Visit my wargames blog: warforgame.blogspot.it/

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 2 months ago #202 by gunship24

  • NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

  • Posts: 693
  • Thank you received: 381

  • Gender: Male
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • mitra76 wrote: If I have understood well, it is not possible use it in lobby MP because the anticheat system feels the change of sensible files. But it is the same if players uses LAN bypassing the lobby? If I play the mod with tunngle with a friend the game doesn't work anyway?


    Hi, you are correct that due to the files modified it doesnt work in multiplayer. I would imagine there would no difference between online and LAN although perhaps some of the other guys can comment on it. I havent actually tried a LAN game. You could try hosting a LAN game by yourself and see if it works? cheers.

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 2 months ago #203 by mitra76

  • Banned
  • Banned

  • Posts: 928
  • Thank you received: 383

  • Gender: Male
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • tested, no also in LAN it doesn't work

    Visit my wargames blog: warforgame.blogspot.it/

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 2 months ago #204 by derAngsthase

  • New Member
  • New Member

  • Posts: 14
  • Thank you received: 1

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Great Mod and awesome work!!!

    Its planned to bring in a next Version or update another Battles/Scenario how Leipzig or Waterloo?

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 2 months ago #205 by Jack ONeill

  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

  • Posts: 1888
  • Thank you received: 251

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • dA,

    Glad you like it. Right now it looks like the Peninsular Campaign in Spain is the next major addition to the Nap Mod.

    Jack B)

    American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

    "Molon Labe"

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 2 months ago #206 by derAngsthase

  • New Member
  • New Member

  • Posts: 14
  • Thank you received: 1

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Thx Jack the Sound is good.It gaves a Release Date,i mean not the day,but the season how this Summer,or autumn?!
    Great Stuff because in the Peninsular Campaign was the Kings German Legion. :-)

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 2 months ago #207 by Jack ONeill

  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

  • Posts: 1888
  • Thank you received: 251

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • aD,

    Not to put words in Gunships mouth, but it should be out "relatively" soon. More than that I cannot say.

    Jack B)

    American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

    "Molon Labe"

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 2 months ago #208 by gunship24

  • NSD QA Team
  • NSD QA Team

  • Posts: 693
  • Thank you received: 381

  • Gender: Male
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • It should be soon. I got held up with work and weather (its so hot here for a change). I do little bits here and there. I was also able to import Napoleoon total war models to work with but they have no animation so i would have to redo them all, which would be a lot of effort.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack ONeill

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 2 months ago #209 by redcoat

  • Regimental Commander
  • Regimental Commander

  • Posts: 322
  • Thank you received: 57

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • is that new smoke mod elsewhere on the forums compatable with this one?
    it really looks good! cheers

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    10 years 2 months ago #210 by Jack ONeill

  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

  • Posts: 1888
  • Thank you received: 251

  • Gender: Unknown
  • Birthdate: Unknown
  • Red,

    As far as I know, yes.

    Jack B)

    American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

    "Molon Labe"

    Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

    Moderators: ShirkonChamberlainFlanyboy