Articles
Articles View Hits

'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs

3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #91 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Thank you received: 1960

• Birthdate: 07 Feb 1948
  • GB2-15R_July2-1st Minnesota, Unsurpassed Gallantry (U-Regt)
    Attack and advance, follow the objectives as they progressively activate to the west, representing your progress in pushing back the enemy.

GB2-15R2_July2-1st Minnesota, Famed Attack & Stand (U-Regt)
    Attack and hold your ground, objectives will activate progressively at that initial location.

Length of Play: 30 minutes

Command: Colonel William Colvill Jr. commanding the 1st Minnesota

Situation: Ordered away from our brigade's position further north, our regiment's now arrived at a desperate situation just below and along the southwestern ridge line. Everywhere we look our forces are backing up, some in retreat, as the enemy is steadily moving forward, their muskets ablaze. If not stopped, the Rebels will gain Cemetery Ridge and split the Union line, which could prove disastrous.

Mission: Secure all objectives.

Gameplay:
    Five eventual objectives are worth 2500 points.

Forces Available:
    Colonel William Colvill Jr. commanding the 1st Minnesota, First Brigade, 2md Division, II Corps, Army of the Potomac, under Brigadier General John Gibbon

1st Minnesota Regiment, Colonel William Colvill Jr.

Regiment strength: 331 troops and officers

Two scenarios for the price of one... :P
    Originally only planned for the "Unsurpassed Gallantry" version, but after it was finished I thought I went too far making it too offensively oriented. I then considered a defensive variant, but that concept was scrapped because of the extremes of difficulty between the two, with the "Unsurpassed Gallantry" offensive version being much more difficult. So, enter the scenario "Famed Attack & Stand", the defensive version. And also, it’s the more historic version. But not as easy as the variant version would have been as the enemy attack sequences have been intensified for more competitive play.

GB2-15R_July2-1st Minnesota, Unsurpassed Gallantry (U-Regt)

One second left...
    Down to 106 soldiers, somehow made it this far...

:) Tough Win!

GB2-15R2_July2-1st Minnesota, Famed Attack & Stand (U-Regt)

Even with your 'elite' troops, this defensive stand will be a challenge.

Freaky...scored days apart, both MV scores wound up within ONE point of each other. Couldn't have gotten that close if I tried.

***Historical Information***

At Gettysburg...
    At a pivotal moment in the 1863 struggle at Gettysburg, Major General Winfield Scott Hancock, commander of II Corps, ordered the First Minnesota to charge into a situation where it would be outnumbered by at least 5 to 1. The general's purpose was to buy minutes of delay with human lives, and one survivor spoke afterward that he expected the advance to result in "death or wounds to [every single one of the attackers]." The regiment fully and instantly obeyed the order, suffering at least 82% casualties among those making the attack; this action contributed significantly to the preservation of a key Union defensive position on the heights of Cemetery Ridge.

When given the opportunity to speak about the regiment after the war, both General Hancock and U.S. President Calvin Coolidge were unrestrained in their praise. Hancock placed its heroism highest in the known annals of war and ascribed "unsurpassed gallantry " to the famed attack. Emphasizing the critical nature of the circumstances on July 2 at Gettysburg, President Coolidge considered, "Colonel Colvill and those eight companies of the First Minnesota are entitled to rank as the saviors of their country."

Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
    Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...
    Attachments:
    Last edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by RebBugler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 4 days ago #92 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• GB2-17R_July2-3rd Georgia, Breakthrough (C-Regt)

Length of Play: 40 minutes

Command: The 3rd Georgia Regiment - Colonel Edward J. Walker, commander

Situation: We saw the Confederate colors replace the Union's as the Peach Orchard position fell. Seeing those Union colors fall has boosted our confidence, for it's been waning as the battle sounds from the south have grown increasing near. Good timing with that morale boost, for now it's our turn to attack the ridge as ordered, maintaining close proximity with General Lane's brigade already moving out on our right.

Mission: Lead your Georgians toward the Federal line to your front, then follow the path the objectives present.

Gameplay: Securing all objectives (4700 points) is crucial to achieving a victory. Objectives will appear progressively after the first objective is secured. The last two objectives, Cemetery Ridge Crest VI and VII, worth 200 points, require 200 troops to activate (all others 100). Some enemy regiments in the path to victory 'will be forced to retreat' when engaged at close quarters, 50 yards or less.

Forces Available:
    Lt General Ambrose P. Hill - Corps Commander
    Major General Richard H. Anderson - Division Commander
    Brig General Ambrose R. Wright - Wright's Brigade

3rd Georgia Regiment, Colonel Edward J. Walker
    Company A 'Burke Guards'
    Company B 'Brown Rifles'
    Company C 'Dawson Grays'
    Company D 'Madison Home Guards'
    Company E 'Governor's Guard'
    Company F 'Wilkinson Rifles'
    Company G 'Confederate Light Guards'
    Company H 'Young Guards'
    Company I 'Carswell Guards'
    Company K 'Athens Guards'

Regiment strength: 442 troops and officers

Success depends on how you cooperate with your friendlies. They'll take on the brunt of the fighting at first but you'll still need to do your share. By the time you get to the final objectives your friendlies will be mainly depleted, leaving the final defensive stand to your regiment bearing the brunt. Your main responsibility along the way will be capturing guns. Not only does this bump up your score, it also helps with survival, for both your regiment and your friendlies.

Timing Timing Timing
    Don't rush, but don't tarry. If you go too slow in some areas, the artillery will eat you and your friendlies up. If you get to the final objectives too early, Cemetery Ridge Crest I thru VII (approx 8 minutes, 700 points), you may be forced to retreat to save your score once the objective points cease, after Cemetery Ridge Crest VII. And most costly, if you're too late to secure the final objectives, those points are lost.

One second left...
    Almost nailed the timing, fortunately I didn't need the last 100 points that final objective would have provided.

Don't let the score fool you, this may be the toughest scenario yet. I suffered many losses figuring this one out. Almost scrapped it as impossible be beat.

You can see by their scores the two companies that took out three of the four artillery batteries engaged. Brown's battery escaped capture but was driven off, proving you don't need to capture all the guns in your path to earn a Major Victory. Managed to have only one company captured and one routed, a feat in itself...you'll see.

Gettysburg, July 2, 1863...
    The Federals in front of Wright's Brigade and the 3rd Georgia were on Cemetery Hill and the ridge that connected the Round Top mountains; at a distance of about 1400 yards from Seminary Heights. The ground was open and occupied with small growing crops of grain and corn. The turnpike from Gettysburg to Emmitsburg traversed this open country running nearer to the Federal lines. The advanced line of the Federals was at the turnpike. There was desultory fighting of pickets during the day and occasionally the artillery would open up their dreadful music. About midafternoon continued heavy boom of artillery and roar of musketry far to the right was assurance that Longstreet was heavily engaged. Orders had been given to Brigade Commander Wright that when it was seen that the Command on his right had moved, we must move forward to the attack. Every moment brought the sound of battle closer until the command to attack was, at last, given. The 3rd Georgia moved forward and was met at the edge of the field in front with a storm of shot and shell. At a double quick step, the Regiment charged upon the enemy in the turnpike, followed at their heels across the little meadow beyond, passed a large brick house, and to and over the rock fence on Cemetery Ridge. At this fence, 13 pieces of enemy artillery were captured and fell into the lines of the 3rd Georgia.

The Command to the right of Wright's Brigade had not advanced as far as we had, and the Command on the left had not advanced at all! Thus, Wright's Brigade was driven into the Federal position like a wedge, and exposed on the right and the left. The enemy quickly moved in on both flanks and enveloped this Command. Discovering that we were being trapped, the 3rd Ga. was forced to retire over the same ground that it had driven the Federals. In this retreat, the 3rd Ga. lost more men than in the advance… particularly in prisoners. The men were much exhausted by the rapid advance over nearly a mile of ground, the terrific fighting, and the scorching July sun. Exhausted by the rapid retreat, many men fell into the hands of the enemy. As the 3rd. Ga. began to retire, every Federal sprang to arms and their artillery was again manned and poured a dreadful fire into the thinned ranks of the Regiment with telling effect. Wright's Brigade went into the fight with about 1500 men and came out with about 600. The 3rd Ga. made their charge with 500 men and came out with about 200. The extreme left company (CO. G) went in with 45 muskets and came out with only 7!

Attachments:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Jolly

2 weeks 4 days ago #93 by Jolly

• NSD Artist
  • NSD Artist

• Thank you received: 716

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Heya Reb. I'm still trying t get a MV on the 17R. It sucks you in each try, thinking 'now I must have it', but then that last Reb wave advances.
    The best score I have on this was actually on the first try - beginner's luck?

Cheers,

David(jolly)
    Attachments:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler

2 weeks 4 days ago #94 by Jolly

• NSD Artist
  • NSD Artist

• By George I think I've done it!

At last. ;)

David(jolly)
    Attachments:

2 weeks 4 days ago #95 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Jolly wrote: By George I think I've done it!

At last. ;)

David(jolly)

Yes you have! You blew away my best effort, your casualty figures being especially impressive, even on your Victory post. I'm miffed, in a good way, at how you orchestrated such lopsided engagements. Regardless, your Generalin' skills are showing vast improvements. :)

2 weeks 3 days ago #96 by Jolly

• NSD Artist
  • NSD Artist

• 'miffed' you! :)

But glad it was in A Good Way. ;)

Thanks Reb, in fact - bloody well done Reb for all of this.

David(jolly)

2 weeks 2 hours ago - 2 weeks 50 minutes ago #97 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Update version 1.59 (June 24, 2020)

- Scenario GB2-21 added
    - Last three scenarios renumbered to expand Wheatfield scenarios
    - End time and troop numbers, beginning and ending, added to the End Screen 'end game' statistics

Last edit: 2 weeks 50 minutes ago by RebBugler.

2 weeks 1 hour ago - 1 week 6 days ago #98 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• GB2-21_July2-Cross's Brigade, The Wheatfield (U-Brig)

Length of Play: 45 minutes

Command: Colonel Edward E. Cross commanding the First Brigade

Situation: As ordered, we've just arrived at the wheat field, where we find our forces in disarray. Colonel Trobriand's depleted brigade is withdrawing and on the verge of collapse as Rebel forces invade the wheat field from the south and west. Assigned to the eastern flank of our division, our obligations are clear, relieve Trobriand and drive out the invaders.

Mission: Attack and secure all objectives.

Gameplay:
    The objectives offer 1800 total points. Most of the initial enemy units encountered will fallback and retreat within four minutes when engaged within 100 yards.

Forces Available:
    Colonel Edward E. Cross commanding the First Brigade, Brigadier General John C. Caldwell, First Division, II Corps, Army of the Potomac, under Brigadier General John Gibbon

First Brigade, Colonel Edward E. Cross
    5th New Hampshire Regiment, Lt Colonel Charles E. Hapgood
    61st New York Regiment, Lt Colonel K. Oscar Broady
    81st Pennsylvania Regiment, Colonel H. Boyd McKeen
    148th Pennsylvania Regiment, Lt Colonel Robert McFarlane

Brigade Strength: 854 troops and officers

Take your time with this scenario, you'll have plenty of time to reach and secure your objectives, then fall back to the wall and defend to the end, padding your score. Be aggressive capturing the objectives! You'll need to mass attack enemy troops at the objectives in order to rout and capture as many enemy companies as possible...This will provide for the 700+ engagement points you'll need for a Major Victory.

One second left...
    After securing the Rose Woods objective I was just under 2500 points. Retreated to the wall with about 10 minutes remaining and gradually upped my score to the MV bar.

No blow outs with this scenario, Major Victories will be just barely, like this one...I can pretty much guarantee as such.

At Gettysburg...
    On July 2, 1863, during the Battle of Gettysburg, Colonel Cross led a brigade in the 1st Division, II Corps. His division was sent to the left flank to help stabilize it after the Confederates had begun attacking. Cross's brigade was formed on the left of the division's III Corps battle line, when he was mortally wounded while at the left of his line near the Rose Woods. He died the next day in a field hospital and body was shipped home to Lancaster, New Hampshire.

Attachments:
    Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by RebBugler.

1 week 4 days ago #99 by Jolly

• NSD Artist
  • NSD Artist

• Colonel Walker's Last Stand!

This is a classic RB scenario. Grips you to the end!

Skin of teeth sort of thing.

David(jolly)
    Attachments:

1 week 4 days ago #100 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Jolly wrote: Colonel Walker's Last Stand!

This is a classic RB scenario. Grips you to the end!

Skin of teeth sort of thing.

David(jolly)

Man, and I thought that this scenario was blow out proof, you really proved me wrong. At least tell me that wasn't your first attempt. You're definitely proving to be an Ace at nailing these regimental level scenarios. Congrats once again!

1 week 3 days ago #101 by Jolly

• NSD Artist
  • NSD Artist

• He he - thanks Reb. I started this scn on Friday, saved and then finished last night.
    Does that count as a first attempt? :)

Taking the guns was crucial, as you hinted at, so I first sent a company out to try and knock out the artillery to my right, while they were concentrating on the advancing AI troops. I repeated this with another company after taking and holding the first objective, this time the guns to the left. This took out all the hostile artillery. so I could keep advancing and take other objectives.
    The last objective was the hardest of course! I had the chance to retreat, but thought I'd suffer casualty wise, so I stuck it out to the end!

Another great piece of entertainment Randy

David(jolly)

1 week 3 days ago #102 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Hey David

If that was the first attempt from a save, and you didn't finish the game after that first save, then this definitely counts as your first attempt...I'm beyond amazed!

Very nice and informative AAR, folks can learn by this. Still, taking all those guns ain't easy, like I said in the Info - Timing Timing Timing. You obviously nailed that aspect...

A Big Thanks for the report and the kudos :)

1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #103 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Update version 1.61 (June 28, 2020)

- Scenario GB2-22 added
    - Eliminated the ‘End Screens’ graphics of scenarios 08, 01, 02, 03, 15R, 15R2, &17R to reduce this mod’s bulk for attachment purposes.
    - Make sure to download and install the latest update of 'True Ground' - Devil's Den Map - "The Big Picture" , Version 2.3 Update - June 25, 2020. It includes the ‘End Screens’ graphics of scenarios 08, 01, 02, 03, 15R, 15R2, &17R. Without this update, any scenarios listed above that are played will crash the game upon End Game.

Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by RebBugler.

1 week 3 days ago #104 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• GB2-22_July2-Kelly's Irish Brigade, The Wheatfield (U-Brig)

Command: Colonel Patrick Kelly commanding the Irish Brigade

Situation: Our division has been ordered south to support the left flank of our army's position. Having moved to the sounds of the fight, our brigade is now positioned north of a patch of woods separating us from that fight. We anxiously await orders.

Gameplay:
    The objectives offer 2200 total points. Most of the initial enemy units encountered will fallback and retreat within four minutes when engaged within 100 yards.

Forces Available:
    Colonel Patrick Kelly commanding the Irish Brigade, Brigadier General John C. Caldwell, First Division, II Corps, Army of the Potomac, under Brigadier General John Gibbon

Irish Brigade, Colonel Patrick Kelly
    28th Massachusetts Regiment, Colonel R. Byrnes
    Irish Regiment, Lt Colonel Richard C. Bentley
    Comprised of:
    63rd New York
    69th New York
    88th New York
    116th Pennsylvania

Brigade Strength: 533 troops and officers

You'll need approximately 23 minutes to capture all available objectives. As you're holding the 'Kelly III' objective the Rebel counter attack will begin, so plan and pace your advance accordingly.

One second left...
    At this point my outnumbered troops were barely hanging on and were losing ground to the advancing Rebels...Saved by End Game.

More "the luck of the Irish" with this win. Dared not try to reposition my fatigued troops while under fire, so I went into manager mode, removing depleted units from the front lines to minimize routs.

***Biographical Information***

Patrick Kelly
    After the 1863 Battle of Chancellorsville, Kelly was promoted to command the Irish Brigade following the resignation of Brig. Gen. Thomas Francis Meagher. Kelly led the heavily depleted brigade (fewer than 600 men) in an attack at the Wheatfield at Gettysburg. The brigade lost 198 of 532 troops engaged, around 37%.

Kelly resumed his role as colonel of his regiment as more senior officers returned to the brigade. However, with the death of Col. Richard Byrnes at the Battle of Cold Harbor in 1864, Kelly again commanded the brigade. At the age of 42, Kelly died during the Siege of Petersburg when he was shot through the head while leading the Irish Brigade forward against Confederate earthworks.

Attachments:

1 week 20 hours ago #105 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• GB2-23_July2-Zook's Brigade, Stony Hill III (U-Brig)

Command: Brigadier General Samuel K. Zook commanding the Third Brigade

Situation: Having been ordered to the sounds of the battle, our brigade is now positioned northeast of a stretch of woods along a stony hill. With our forces retreating before us, it's not if, but rather when, we will receive orders to enter this fight.

Gameplay:
    The objectives offer 2200 total points. Most of the initial enemy units encountered will fallback and retreat within four minutes when engaged within 100 yards.

Forces Available:
    Brigadier General Samuel K. Zook commanding the Third Brigade, Brigadier General John C. Caldwell, First Division, II Corps, Army of the Potomac, under Brigadier General John Gibbon

Third Brigade, Brigadier General Samuel K. Zook
    52nd New York Regiment, Lt Colonel Charles G. Freudenberg
    57th New York Regiment, Lt Colonel Alford B. Chapman
    66th New York Regiment, Colonel Orlando H. Morris
    140th Pennsylvania Regiment, Colonel Richard P. Roberts

Brigade Strength: 976 troops and officers

Steady progress through the objectives allowing for plenty of time to set up a strong defensive line while holding the 'Zook III' objective proved to be the most successful route for me in winning this scenario. This will give you the 'high ground' advantage along the stony hill you'll need to increase your engagement score as the Rebels attack across the Rose Run Gorge.

One second left...
    As per historical events, the Zook offensive recaptured Stony Hill. But within minutes, Wofford's 1600+ brigade approaching from the west will force yet another Federal division to retreat and lose 'the hard fought for' Stony Hill again.

Wasn't easy considering Zook's green troops. So better yet, a Major Victory that merited even more of a sense of accomplishment.

Zook Monument, The Wheatfield, Gettysburg Battlefield

On July 2, 1863, the second day of the Battle of Gettysburg, Brig. Gen. John C. Caldwell's division, including Zook's brigade, was sent to reinforce the crumbling III Corps line that was being assaulted by the Confederate corps of Lt. Gen. James Longstreet. Zook was directed by one of the III Corps staff officers toward the Wheatfield to reinforce the brigade of Col. Régis de Trobriand and to fill a gap near the Stony Hill. Zook, on horseback, led his men up the hill, which attracted the attention of men from the advancing 3rd and 7th South Carolina Infantry regiments, of Joseph B. Kershaw's brigade. He was struck by rifle fire in the shoulder, chest, and abdomen, and taken behind the lines for medical treatment at a toll house on the Baltimore Pike. He died from his wounds on July 3 and is buried near the grave of General Winfield Scott Hancock in Montgomery Cemetery in West Norriton Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, near Norristown, Pennsylvania. He received a brevet promotion to major general for Gettysburg, awarded as of July 2. A small monument near the Wheatfield Road commemorates Zook's death.

One of his soldiers in the 57th New York later characterized Zook as "a good disciplinarian; he hated cowardice and shams; had no patience with a man that neglected duty; was blunt, somewhat severe, yet good hearted ... a born soldier, quick of intellect, and absolutely without fear."
    WIKI

Attachments:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Chamberlain, Jolly

4 days 4 hours ago - 4 days 4 hours ago #106 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• GB2-24_July2-Brooke's Bold Salient, The Wheatfield (U-Brig)

Length of Play: 50 minutes

Command: Colonel John R Brooke commanding the Fourth Brigade

Situation: Having been ordered to the sounds of the battle, our brigade is now positioned north of a stretch of woods along a wheat field, which is now a battlefield. We were originally ordered to remain in reserve, but a courier is fast approaching our position. This means one thing, a change in orders. And judging the situation by the approaching sounds of battle, we are about to enter the fray.

Gameplay:
    The objectives offer 2000 total points. Most of the initial enemy units encountered will fallback and retreat within four minutes when engaged within 100 yards.

Forces Available:
    Colonel John R Brooke commanding the Fourth Brigade, Brigadier General John C. Caldwell, First Division, II Corps, Army of the Potomac, under Brigadier General John Gibbon

Fourth Brigade, Colonel John R Brooke
    27th Connecticut Regiment, Lt Colonel Henry C. Merwin
    2nd Delaware Regiment, Colonel William P. Baily
    64th New York Regiment, Colonel Daniel G. Bingham
    53rd Pennsylvania Regiment, Lt Colonel Richards McMichael
    145th Pennsylvania Regiment, Colonel Hiram L. Brown

Brigade Strength: 855 troops and officers

One second left...
    Brooke's salient, center of screen, is hanging on. Missed my timing by four minutes, that's when the objective points were all captured. My score dropped from that point on. Although you have the cover of the woods, being flanked on three sides will whittle your troops down fast.

Tried to keep my troop strength above 400...just missed.

This End Screen picture is from the following:
    Brooke's Charge Gettysburg - July 2, 1863
    Diographic Print by Dennis Morris

The Irish Brigade is visible at right battling Kershaw in the woods on Stony Hill.

At Gettysburg...
    At about 5:15 PM Anderson and Kershaw’s Brigade had cleared all Union Troops and Artillery from the Wheatfield. As General Kershaw looked over the crest of the field toward Trostle Woods he could see fresh Union troops ready to attack. These were the Brigades of Caldwell’s division, part of the II corps brought south from Cemetery Ridge to help fill the gap that was opening in the Union line between Little Round Top and the Peach Orchard. Cross and Zook's’ Brigades moved forward on the East and West edges, respectively, of the Wheatfield, though both commanders would be mortally wounded. The Irish Brigade went third but it was too small to fill the gap between Zook and Cross.

John R. Brooke’s Brigade of 850 men in 5 small regiments was supposed to be in reserve but Caldwell ordered them to attack. They moved to the crest of the field and exchanged volleys with the Confederates in the lower part of the field and Rose Woods. After several minutes Brooke gave the order to fix bayonets and charge. They did and the enemy gave way. In perhaps the most effective Union Brigade attack of the Battle, Brooke’s Brigade pushed the Confederates out of the Wheatfield into Rose Wood and then completely out of the Woods. Critics have stated that Brooke overreached, but this attack was the only time in 3 days that a Union force took ground that it did not hold prior to the battle. Brooke’s Brigade held the ground at the edge of Rose Woods until they ran low on ammunition.

A Safe July 4th, 2020 Independence Day to everyone!

To be safe while helping others to be safe, and, for us to beat this virus:

Wear a Mask

Attachments:
    Last edit: 4 days 4 hours ago by RebBugler.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Chamberlain, Jolly

3 days 2 hours ago #107 by jlan5031

• Grunt
  • Grunt

• Thank you received: 19

• I can't figure out how to download the folder. No download command appears when I right click.

3 days 2 hours ago - 3 days 2 hours ago #108 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• jlan5031 wrote: I can't figure out how to download the folder. No download command appears when I right click.

Normal, left click, brings up the download window.

Edit: Just double checked, and the window didn't pop up, but the download happened, to my Downloads folder.

Last edit: 3 days 2 hours ago by RebBugler.

2 days 23 hours ago #109 by Jolly

• NSD Artist
  • NSD Artist

• Another near run thing!
    My first attempt had Col Kelly killed by a Reb charge (I'd not been paying enough attention to where he was!). Luckily I'd saved the game just prior to this, and went on to just about achieve an MV.

It's amazing how close these things can get - the mark of good scn designing. :)

David(jolly)
    Attachments:

2 days 20 hours ago #110 by jlan5031

• Grunt
  • Grunt

• Thank you received: 19

• Thanks for your quick reply. The error was mine. I was clicking the wrong title.

1 day 3 hours ago #111 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Jolly wrote: Another near run thing!
    My first attempt had Col Kelly killed by a Reb charge (I'd not been paying enough attention to where he was!). Luckily I'd saved the game just prior to this, and went on to just about achieve an MV.

It's amazing how close these things can get - the mark of good scn designing. :)

David(jolly)

I always resurrect ME with autosave and continue on...Praise the Lord of Games. :lol:

Good solid Major Victory there General, leading this small brigade to successful results is no easy feat...Congrats!

Kudos much appreciated! If it's not competitive, I didn't do my job...

21 hours 48 minutes ago #112 by Jolly

• NSD Artist
  • NSD Artist

• There's a snappy title there for something Reb 'The Lord of the Games' ! :)

On to 24, which should be another breeze! ;)

David(jolly)
    The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler, Chichetr

18 hours 27 minutes ago #113 by Chichetr

• Grunt
  • Grunt

• Thank you received: 43

• Absolutely love the new scenarios here! Thank you so much Reb!

Question though, I was screwing around with some settings and now I have men who look HUGE and the color bearers are now tiny. Not sure what I did to screw it up but.....any suggestions on how I can fix this? lol

3 hours 35 minutes ago - 3 hours 31 minutes ago #114 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Chichetr wrote: Absolutely love the new scenarios here! Thank you so much Reb!

Question though, I was screwing around with some settings and now I have men who look HUGE and the color bearers are now tiny. Not sure what I did to screw it up but.....any suggestions on how I can fix this? lol

Thanks for the kudos! :)

Sounds like you're using the mods I recommended but they're prioritized wrong or not all enabled. In the Intro of the 'TC2M SOW Infantry SR1' mod (Modifications screen) please read and follow these directions:

'TC2M SOW Infantry SR1' allows for 'True Ground SR1' play with the following sprite mods:

4K Packed Artillery,Cavalry,et al
    TC2M SOW Infantry Mod

In Modifications, prioritize 'TC2M SOW Infantry SR1' below 'True Ground SR1'. Deactivate when not using SR1 mods.

When used along with Bugles & Flags, the Modifications order should line up as so:

4K Packed Artillery,Cavalry,et al
    Bugles & Flags
    TC2M SOW Infantry Mod
    'True Ground' - Devil's Den Map - The Big Picture
    True Ground SR1
    TC2M SOW Infantry SR1

Last edit: 3 hours 31 minutes ago by RebBugler.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Chichetr

Moderators: ShirkonChamberlainFlanyboy